Basic Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions shall apply for providing all services by Website Design Firm. By ordering services the client
enters into a Work Agreement with Website Design Firm and agrees abide by by these terms and conditions. The latest and updated
version can be viewed at www.websitedesignfirm.co.uk/terms.
As used herein and throughout this Agreement:
- 1.1 Agreement means the entire content of this Basic Terms and Conditions document, the Proposal
document(s), Schedule A, together with any other Supplements designated below, together with any exhibits, schedules or attachments hereto.
- 1.2 Client Content means all materials, information, photography, writings and other creative content
provided by Client for use in the preparation of and/or incorporation in the Deliverables.
- 1.3 Copyrights means the property rights in original works of authorship, expressed in a tangible medium
of expression, as defined and enforceable under U.S. Copyright Law.
- 1.4 Deliverables means the services and work product specified in the Proposal to be delivered by Designer
to Client, in the form and media specified in the Proposal.
- 1.5 Designer Tools means all design tools developed and/or utilized by Designer in performing the Services,
including without limitation pre-existing and newly developed software including source code, Web authoring tools, type
fonts, and application tools, together with any other software, or other inventions whether or not patentable, and general
non-copyrightable concepts such as website design, architecture, layout, navigational and functional elements.
- 1.6 Final Art means all creative content developed or created by Designer, or commissioned by Designer, exclusively
for the Project and incorporated into and delivered as part of the Final Deliverables, including and by way of example, not limitation,
n, arrangement and coordination of such elements together with Client Content and/or Third Party Materials.
- 1.7 Final Deliverables means the final versions of Deliverables provided by Designer and accepted by Client.
- 1.8 Preliminary Works means all artwork including, but not limited to, concepts, sketches, visual presentations, or other
alternate or preliminary designs and documents developed by Designer and which may or may not be shown and or delivered to
Client for consideration but do not form part of the Final Art.
- 1.9 Project means the scope and purpose of the Client’s identified usage of the work product as described in the Proposal.
- 1.10 Services means all services and the work product to be provided to Client by Designer as described and otherwise
further defined in the Proposal.
- 1.11 Third Party Materials means proprietary third party materials which are incorporated into the Final Deliverables, including
without limitation stock photography or illustration.
- 1.12 Trademarks means trade names, words, symbols, designs, logos or other devices or designs used in the Final Deliverables
to designate the origin or source of the goods or services of Client.
2. FEES AND CHARGES
- 2. 1 Fees. In consideration of the Client shall pay to the Designer, the relevant fees according to the payment schedule set forth in
the Proposal for the Services to be performed by Designer.
- 2.2 Additional Costs. The Project pricing includes Designer’s fee only. Any and all outside costs including, but not limited to,
photography and/or artwork licenses, purchase of software and online access or hosting fees, will be billed to Client unless specifically
otherwise provided for in the Proposal.
- 2.3 Invoices. Notwithstanding any specific payment milestones set out in the Project Specification, the Fees shall by payable
by the Client in the following instalments:
- (a) 40% of the fees upon signing the work agreement and before commencement of the project
- (b) 30% of the fees to be paid before the commencement of the Development Phase of the project.
- (c) Remaining 30% or the outstanding balance of the fees to be paid upon completion of the job. We shall show the completed
work on our server. The outstanding fees are to be paid no later than 10 days of the approval of the website shown on our server.
We shall upload the website on client server only upon completion of full payment for the project fees.
Designer reserves the right to withhold delivery and any transfer of ownership of any current work if accounts are not current or overdue
invoices are not paid in full.
All grants of any license to use or transfer of ownership of any intellectual property rights under this Agreement are conditioned upon
receipt of payment in full.
- 3.1 Additions and Alterations. New work requested by CLIENT and performed by AGENCY after an ATP has been approved
is considered an addition or alteration. If the job changes to an extent that substantially alters the specifications described in the original
estimate, we will submit a project addendum to you, and both parties must agree to the revised or additional fee before further work proceeds.
- 3.2 General Changes. Unless otherwise provided in the Proposal, and except as otherwise provided for herein, Client shall pay
additional charges for changes requested by Client which are outside the scope of the Services on a time and materials basis, at Designer’s
standard hourly rate of Designer’s Hourly Rate per hour. Such charges shall be in addition to all other amounts payable under the Proposal,
despite any maximum budget, contract price or final price identified therein. Designer may extend or modify any delivery schedule or
deadlines in the Proposal and Deliverables as may be required by such Changes.
4. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
- Each party acknowledges that in connection with this Agreement it may receive certain confidential or proprietary technical and business
information and materials of the other party, including without limitation Preliminary Works (“Confidential Information”). Each party, its
agents and employees shall hold and maintain in strict confidence all Confidential Information, shall not disclose Confidential Information to
any third party, and shall not use any Confidential Information except as may be necessary to perform its obligations under the Proposal
except as may be required by a court or governmental authority. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include
any information that is in the public domain or becomes publicly known through no fault of the receiving party, or is otherwise properly
received from a third party without an obligation of confidentiality.
5. ERRORS & OMISSIONS
- It is the CLIENT’S responsibility to check proofs, comps, and other deliverables carefully for accuracy in all respects, ranging from spelling to
technical illustrations. AGENCY is not liable for errors or omissions
6. RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
- 6.1 Independent Contractor. Designer is an independent contractor, not an employee of Client or any company affiliated with Client.
Designer shall provide the Services under the general direction of Client, but Designer shall determine, in Designer’s sole discretion, the manner and
means by which the Services are accomplished. This Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture and neither party is authorized to act
as agent or bind the other party except as expressly stated in this Agreement. Designer and the work product or Deliverables prepared by Designer
shall not be deemed a work for hire as that term is defined under Copyright Law. All rights, if any, granted to Client are contractual in nature and are
wholly defined by the express written agreement of the parties and the various terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 6.2 Designer Agents. Designer shall be permitted to engage and/or use third party designers or other service providers as independent
contractors in connection with the Services (“Design Agents”). Notwithstanding, Designer shall remain fully responsible for such Design Agents’
compliance with the various terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- 6.3 No Solicitation. During the term of this Agreement, and for a period of six (6) months after expiration or termination of this Agreement,
Client agrees not to solicit, recruit, engage or otherwise employ or retain, on a full-time, part-time, consulting, work-for-hire or any other kind of basis,
any Designer, employee or Design Agent of Designer, whether or not said person has been assigned to perform tasks under this Agreement. In the
event such employment, consultation or work-for-hire event occurs, Client agrees that Designer shall be entitled to an agency commission to be the
greater of, either (a) 25 percent of said person’s starting salary with Client, or (b) 25 percent of fees paid to said person if engaged by Client as an
independent contractor. In the event of (a) above, payment of the commission will be due within 30 days of the employment starting date. In the
event of (b) above, payment will be due at the end of any month during which the independent contractor performed services for Client. Designer,
in the event of nonpayment and in connection with this section, shall be entitled to seek all remedies under law and equity.
- 6.4 No Exclusivity. The parties expressly acknowledge that this Agreement does not create an exclusive relationship between the parties.
Client is free to engage others to perform services of the same or similar nature to those provided by Designer, and Designer shall be entitled to offer
and provide design services to others, solicit other clients and otherwise advertise the services offered by Designer.
7. TERM AND TERMINATION
- 7.1 This Agreement shall commence upon the Effective Date and shall remain effective until the Services are completed and delivered.
- 7.2 This Agreement may be terminated at any time by either party effective immediately upon notice, or the mutual agreement of the parties,
or if any party:
- (a)becomes insolvent, files a petition in bankruptcy, makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors; or
- (b) breaches any of its material responsibilities or obligations under this Agreement, which breach is not remedied within 10 days from receipt
of written notice of such breach.
- 7.3 In the event of termination, Designer shall be compensated for the Services performed through the date of termination in the amount of
(a) any advance payment, (b) a prorated portion of the fees due, or (c) hourly fees for work performed by Designer or Designer’s agents
as of the date of termination, whichever is greater; and Client shall pay all Expenses, fees, out of pockets together with any Additional Costs
incurred through and up to, the date of cancellation.
- 7.4 In the event of termination by Client and upon full payment of compensation as provided herein, Designer grants to Client such
right and title as provided for in Schedule A of this Agreement with respect to those Deliverables provided to, and accepted by Client as of the
date of termination.
- 7.5 Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement: (a) each party shall return or, at the disclosing party’s request, destroy the
Confidential Information of the other party, and (b) other than as provided herein, all rights and obligations of each party under this Agreement,
exclusive of the Services, shall survive.
- 8.1 Modification/Waiver. This Agreement may be modified by the parties. Any modification of this Agreement must be in writing,
except that Designer’s invoices may include, and Client shall pay, expenses or costs that Client authorizes by electronic mail in cases of extreme
time sensitivity. Failure by either party to enforce any right or seek to remedy any breach under this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver
of such rights nor shall a waiver by either party of default in one or more instances be construed as constituting a continuing waiver or as a waiver
of any other breach.
- 8.2 Notices. All notices to be given hereunder shall be transmitted in writing either by facsimile or electronic mail with return confirmation
of receipt or by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, and shall be sent to the addresses identified below, unless notification of change
of address is given in writing. Notice shall be effective upon receipt or in the case of fax or email, upon confirmation of receipt.
- 8.3 No Assignment. Neither party may assign, whether in writing or orally, or encumber its rights or obligations under this Agreement or
permit the same to be transferred, assigned or encumbered by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the other party.
- 8.4 Force Majeure. Designer shall not be deemed in breach of this Agreement if Designer is unable to complete the Services or any
portion thereof by reason of fire, earthquake, labor dispute, act of God or public enemy, death, illness or incapacity of Designer or any local, state,
federal, national or international law, governmental order or regulation or any other event beyond Designer’s control (collectively, “Force Majeure
Event”). Upon occurrence of any Force Majeure Event, Designer shall give notice to Client of its inability to perform or of delay in completing the
Services and shall propose revisions to the schedule for completion of the Services.
- 8.5 Governing Law and Dispute Resolution. The formation, construction, performance and enforcement of this Agreement shall be in
accordance with the laws of the United States and the state of Name of State without regard to its conflict of law provisions or the conflict of law
provisions of any other jurisdiction. In the event of a dispute arising out of this Agreement, the parties agree to attempt to resolve any dispute by
negotiation between the parties. If they are unable to resolve the dispute, either party may commence mediation and/or binding arbitration through
the American Arbitration Association, or other forum mutually agreed to by the parties. The prevailing party in any dispute resolved by binding arbitration
or litigation shall be entitled to recover its attorneys’ fees and costs. In all other circumstances, the parties specifically consent to the local, state and
federal courts located in the state of Name of State. The parties hereby waive any jurisdictional or venue defenses available to them and further consent
to service of process by mail. Client acknowledges that Designer will have no adequate remedy at law in the event Client uses the deliverables in any way
not permitted hereunder, and hereby agrees that Designer shall be entitled to equitable relief by way of temporary and permanent injunction, and such
other and further relief at law or equity as any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction may deem just and proper, in addition to any and all other
remedies provided for herein.
- 8.6 Severability. Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in such manner as to be effective and valid under
applicable law, but if any provision of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full
force and effect and the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a valid or enforceable provision.
- 8.7 Headings. The numbering and captions of the various sections are solely for convenience and reference only and shall not affect the
scope, meaning, intent or interpretation of the provisions of this Agreement nor shall such headings otherwise be given any legal effect.
- 8.8 Integration. This Agreement comprises the entire understanding of the parties hereto on the subject matter herein contained, and
supersedes and merges all prior and contemporaneous agreements, understandings and discussions between the parties relating to the subject
matter of this Agreement. In the event of a conflict between the Proposal and any other Agreement documents, the terms of the Proposal shall
control. This Agreement comprises this Basic Terms and Conditions document, the Proposal, Schedule A and Schedule B below.
By their execution, the parties hereto have agreed to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement effective as of the last date of signature,
and each signatory represents that it has the full authority to enter into this Agreement and to bind her/his respective party to all of the terms and